Monday, February 27, 2006

I get back from San Diego, and this is the best the news can offer?

I was surprised to read that US-India relations are hunky-dory, since while I was in San Diego the news was that the US had denied visas to three scientists from India. Indeed, one of the conference participants couldn't get an entry visa from India. Three others were denied visas as well.

This was more than a little annoying. It was potentiallly embarassing while the President was trying to strike a deal with the Indians that would effectively share US nuclear expertise. And what with the Prez having to rely on Indian security (to the tune of thousands of troops) during his visit. But luckily, a quick deal was made, to allow one of the three scientists in. One out of three ain't bad.

I can but hope that the US Olympic hockey team will be denied re-entry into the country.

(Oh, I shouldn't say that. They tried. Sorta.)

No comments: