Sunday, August 09, 2009

firebombed

So, the house my parents lived in in Ohio a few years back was firebombed this week. I hope the photos are large enough to show that the roof is, well, gone in the middle. The bomb was apparently through through a rear window, possibly upstairs. The master suite is was located in the rear. The bomb burned through that entirely, and also a bedroom in the front of the house.



firebomb2


firebomb2


firebomb2


I wonder what you do after a house is firebombed. Do you rebuild it? In this case, you'd be essentially rebuilding the entire place, so perhaps it's just as easy to raze the damn thing. And is it difficult to sell a place after something like that? Apparently, they're having a hard time selling a house in San Francisco that was the site of a triple murder a few years ago... I'd think firebombing would maybe lower property values.

Anyway, I didn't spend a lot of time there, but my recollection is that it was a really nice house.

2 comments:

salguod said...

So, this was after we knew each other, right? I mean I know that's not the house I remember visiting. And I take it they don't live there now either.

Why did the house get firebombed? What did the owners do, or did someone think they did, to have this happen?

Doc Nagel said...

That was their house the second time around in Ohio. I believe it's in Springfield Township. I still don't have any information about who or why it was firebombed, but neighbors seemed to think the current owner is some kind of drug dealer.