Saturday, December 03, 2005

Mainly relief

Yesterday I got divorced. It was messy; it was ugly; it was all a divorce should be, I suppose. So I'm relieved it's over, and I can get on with my life. There's plenty to say about how this is going to be perceived, who will say what about it or about me. The fact of the matter is that I walked away with a chunk less share of community property than was my legal right.

And what did I go and do, the very next morning, completely unable to restrain myself? I went and bought a new car! And here it is:





I've been wanting to make a joke like that for a looooong time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh - you just wanted to get a car that was smaller than a MINI.

Nothing is better than a MINI, I tell you NOTHING!

Doc Nagel said...

After seeing a Honda Element festooned with luridly-colored cell-phone adverts parked near Borders in Modesto, I decided I need to buy something I can easily spot in a parking lot. Lauren's suggestion: a lime-green double-decker Mini.