Friday, February 18, 2005

I've never done anything like this before

Rachelle had the following in her blog:

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don’t search around and look for the “coolest” book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.

So I'm a-gonna:

"The utterly pure reason of those who have divested themselves entirely of the ability 'to conceive of an object even in its absence', converges with pure unconsciousness, with feeble-mindedness in the most literal sense, for measured against the extravagantly realistic ideal of a datum freed of any categories, all knowledge is false, and only true where the question of truth or falsity cannot be applied." (Theodor "Don't Call Me Sweetie" Adorno, Minima Moralia)

Don't say I never did anything for you.

2 comments:

Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

I've already done my blog for the day, but here's what it would have been:

"There is a gray cast to the sun's gold, and you can blow out your breath and see goose pimples on it."

Herb Caen, Baghdad by the Bay

CSUS Sociology Club News said...

Ok, I posted this on my blog at Blogit.com, to see what would happen...here is my sentence:
"Window air conditioners centered in the building's Roman arches drip water onto the limestone balusters below, gradually melting them away (Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon).

And the reason I post at blogit is that I get responses there...I gave you credit for it and said you had received instructions from Rachel...these appeared in my comments section within a half hour of the posting...see what you think...

Okay, here's mine....
"A flower will wither, to become mulch for future flowers." - Gary Gach, "Understanding Buddhism"
Posted by Temple on May 18, 2005 at 11:51 PM (permalink)

Super idea! I love Mysteria's...Here's mine:
"I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh." From the book of Numbers, 24th chapter, King James version of the bible.
Posted by Passionflower on May 18, 2005 at 11:19 PM (permalink)

Jimmy
"It would be farther underground except that Mexico City itself has started sinking." from *For the Time Being* Annie Dillard.
Posted by mysteria on May 18, 2005 at 10:55 PM (permalink)

jimmy
I Love this!!!! Reallly cool. I am going to do it right now
Posted by mysteria on May 18, 2005 at 10:51 PM (permalink)